The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transimission build parts list

manikbastrd

I am considering having my transmission built by a local tranny shop. They will offer me a military discount and local pick up. However, I need a list of parts to put in for a modest tranny build. I know about double synchros 1st and 2nd, and I can read the websites for jack's and TRE, but I don't know any part numbers etc. Anyone on here have any experience in this???

Thanks in advance!
-Manik

004tsi

Have you looked into having English Racing build a trans for you? They would be able to help you spec it out for what you want it capable of. They are in Vancouver so pretty close and have been doing them for years.

manikbastrd

Yeah I have, they are pretty pricey for everything they do. They are actually on the list of shops I am thinking about using. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have been going to them for a few years now.

turbowop

For what it's worth, I love my English trans. Shifts great. Lucas has broken enough transmissions to know what works and what doesn't when it comes to parts and shimming.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned