The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

trans

hey guys i have a question i was just wondering if a eclipse gst or gsx or tsi tranny would bolt up to my 91 galant vr-4 and would it be better to go with the 1g or the 2g tranny if they would bolt up p.m. me with some help thaxx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

Jesh

i have a built tranny and its in a 2g gsx housing so i know that one will bolt up. the starter bolt holes didn't quite line up so i just used smaller bolts. i'm not sure about any of the other trannys. i think they should, but can't say for sure.

Jesh

and i think the spline is different, but that could be fixed simply by swapping clutch plates.

1941Galant

The input shaft splines are the same between the trannies. IIRC, you can put a 2g tranny in a 1g/gvr4, but not the other way around. For the plate that goes behind the flywheel (and locates the starter), you can either swap in a 2g plate, or drill the holes out on the 6 bolt plate in order to get the starter to line up correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned