The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The rebuild of 808/2000

Nothing too exciting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But the bare essentials indeed! lol

DSC03700.jpg

I am heading over after work tonight, hopefully, for the last stripping process on gettin all the paint out of the bay! Wish me luck!

It did. It looked good in pics, but in person, it was very dry looking and filthy. I will give it an official paintjob.

It should be painted real soon. I finished stripping the bay of all its paint today. Got the front subframe pulled, brake lines out. Gonna be going back together real soon!

bustedsm

That's what happens when I, a first time painter, try to give it a go.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Looks good, hopefully you can make it what I couldn't. Glad it went to your hands instead of some schmuck to be completely honest.

BTW, how much do you want for that tank protector? My jeans are slowly wearing down the tank (it's nothing major, just annoying seeing black marks on it and having to buff it every couple days) and I need something there. Figure if it's cheap enough I can just have you send it with the title when it comes in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ill give it to ya man. As soon as the title comes, Ill just throw it in there with it.

3rdstrikedsm

And here is the start of the madness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bustedsm

Badass, appreciate it Anthony. I'm going to send you the fuel rail and JMFab battery relocation kit sometime next week. I guess that can be considered collateral if you want them...

Yea, Ill take them. Also, the ecu casing?

Oh and Chris, whats the deal with the 1g harnesses being used in a gvr4. Is it possible or not? I have heard soo many mixed reviews. Also, know anyone parting a gvr4 out? is the Chassis/fusebox harness the same in all galants?

bustedsm

For sure, keep forgetting about the case! It is just sitting here in my room.

Yeah, the only BIG differences in the 1g harnesses vs. the VR4 harnesses are some length issues and that's about it. I've actually ran a VR4 harness in one of my first gens because the previous idiot had literally hacked off EVERYTHING because he thought he didn't need it and come to find out most of the primary plugs were completely missing.

I don't know anyone unfortunately, there are some on here somewhere isn't there?

haha, forgot, your name is Chris too. I wa asking 3rd strike. He is Chris also lol.

3rdstrikedsm

Yea length is all that I thought was different and I am almost positive we put a dsm harness in my old 77 of 2k but I will ask my friend who owned it before me.
It's been a few years since I have messed with a gvr4.

bustedsm

Quoting tsidrift1:
haha, forgot, your name is Chris too. I wa asking 3rd strike. He is Chris also lol.

Haha, oh. Yeah, I'm sure we'd both know well enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Got some updates! So the bay is almost ready for paint. Gonna go pickup paint tomorrow. Should be spraying bu sunday. I got almost all the paint off, still got one more step of stripper to get it removed. I went ahead and erased all the seam sealer out of the bay. It was torn up by the pressure washer, so I just tore it all out. I will be laying in some new seam sealer before paint. I also got the holes the previous owner had sahved ground down and threw some glazing over them so they are invisible now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif All in all, a good days work. More to come tomorrow. I will be assembling the block tomorrow.

Front subframe out.
DSC03703.jpg

Engine bay progress.
DSC03701.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

DSC03705.jpg

DSC03706.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

Sanded and primed the shaved spots.
DSC03712.jpg

DSC03713.jpg

Block so far.
DSC03710.jpg

DSC03714.jpg

3rdstrikedsm

What color are you going to paint it? Whose garage because I don't remember your garage having that much space?
Lookin good though, It makes me want to start on my 1g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really thought of doing a black cherry gvr4! Then again, I kinda want to keep it original and go with summit white. Im not sure yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Im thinking about it. lol I just really want to keep it original.

The biggest thing is, if I do black cherry, I HAVE to paint the outside. If I do the summit white, I can roll the car around with the original paint on the outside and decide if I want to keep it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bustedsm

Keep'er white, it is by standard terms, "the fastest color."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting tsidrift1:
Im thinking about it. lol I just really want to keep it original.

The biggest thing is, if I do black cherry, I HAVE to paint the outside. If I do the summit white, I can roll the car around with the original paint on the outside and decide if I want to keep it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea I do like white since my 1st gvr4 was white and I re painted it and kicked my self for not doing a color change when I had it stripped down so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I would think that a custom color will add value to the car since these are only avl in a few colors and people who are looking for a gvr4 would be willing to pay more imo since these cars don't have any real collectors value anyhow at least not yet.

This project might come to an end fast. I bought a harness from a guy on here(mountaineerjeff) and he still hasnt shipped it out, even though I paid for it a week ago. I am getting pretty pissed off. If I decide to get my refund, I dont think I am gonna sit around waiting for the two harnesses to show up. Ill then pass the car on to my buddy who is wanting it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned