The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The 30R that could

89Patches

I think maybe it's time to setup the size of the turbo a bit. I honestly don't think you'll be impressed if you did a housing/manifold change on your current turbo. You've pretty much maxed out a 30R turbine regardless of what housing.

Lol this is why I never want to put my car on a dyno. I know for sure i'd be disappointed in what it puts down and will be forever chasing numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4thStroke

My goals for the car were to build a fun street car. I'm not chasing ETs and trap speeds, I feel like I've accomplished my original goal. After all, you don't build a Galant with a 30R when trying to turn heads and break records /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Shift times are an estimate through ECMLink from the time I was off the gas and back on. It was pretty consistent between the runs I logged for 3rd and 4th gear. But... we all know how bench racing goes.

Based on brianawd's power and his trap speeds (561whp, 485wtq, 11.1 131mph in the 1/4 on street tires), I suspect I would be just a hair quicker and faster if I had a tranny that would shift.

Honestly, the time and money spent to make drastic changes to this setup don't outweigh the benefits. A T3 or vband housing would require exhaust work and I'd want to build the manifold on my own so I know for a fact I won't have fitment issues and could build around my existing setup. I have access to all the resources to do so, and it's still too much damn work for the amount of free time I have. Two jobs and schooling take priority right now.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned