The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why do you love this car?

unistylef

Quoting curtis:
Because where ever you look on the internet you can a picture of your car and or know who owns the car in the picture. Even better you can see an out of the blue picture on the same thread and it remind you of a VR4 owner.

To prove this point

For 18 million dollars who does picture 12 remind you of. click me

Wtf, why are those guys not worshiping the vr4?? Its gorgeous.

Yao

because it does everything evo does, maybe not as good, but I can over look it with the payment and easy to work on car. Not to mention it is different, I took it out for a spin for the first time in 5 months now and got a person asking if I want to sell it!?(car didn't even fully warmed up when I drove to staples) lol! 20 years now and it can still keep up with today's SRT8/Camaro/Mustang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif yup, just filled her up too and got 26mpg. Not bad for 80's technology, not bad at all. If Mitsu can still built cars like this and predict/aggresive with the market, they would def. be a top manufacture, but I guess who ever started the revulation don't work there anymore.

cheekychimp

Because you never, ever lose in a VR4! Even when you lose, you win. Guys in M3s, guys pumping gas, guys in Hondas, guys in Evos. You always get a knowing nod, a wry smile, a thumbs up and it doesn't matter if you are first to the next light or roll up alongside after having your ass handed to you ... it's always the same. Like I said, even when you lose, you win!

matt92vr4

I have noticed that it's hard to get races with this car. It is a no-win situation for the other racer. If they win, they just beat an old boxy 4-door. If they loose, they just lost to an old boxy 4-door. So you are correct, it's all win for us lol.

That is the biggest difference I've noticed between this and the 3S. Everyone tries to race those.

James

If they win i say "congrats you just beat a old sentra"

If I win I say "don't be mad, it's a limited edition turbo all wheels drive beast."

LIV4PSI

Street racing is lame. Take them to the drag strip and play with the big boys. Plus, then people don't have a choice to but race you and get embarrassed.

My favorite thing about being a GVR4 owner is the challenge, and the intrinsic value that comes along with it. These cars are not for the weak hearted,you have to be willing to do your research and put in the wrench time. If you buy a $2,000 GVR4, chances are it needs that much money spent in general maintenance to make it a solid, reliable car.

I like that they are under appreciated. I know all of money and hard work isn't wasted, because not many are willing to do it. That means I am keeping one more on the road, and away from the scrap yard. Maybe I'm just justifying investing $10k and hundreds of hours of labor, all on a car that will still only be worth $5k when I'm done.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting cheekychimp:
Because you never, ever lose in a VR4! Even when you lose, you win. Guys in M3s, guys pumping gas, guys in Hondas, guys in Evos. You always get a knowing nod, a wry smile, a thumbs up and it doesn't matter if you are first to the next light or roll up alongside after having your ass handed to you ... it's always the same. Like I said, even when you lose, you win!

I went to a local import showdown race at my local track a few weeks ago. I didn't even race, but had bigger crowds around my parked car than the guys running 10's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

matt92vr4

I love the strip but playing with the big boys in my 14.5 second Galant isn't fun for anyone.

LIV4PSI

Simple solution, make it faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I wish more people could play on the streets responsibly. Unfortunately, its not the case. I'm just a big advocate of taking it to the track. For example, there has been a fatality at almost every DSM Shootout I have went to.

Last edited:

JNR

I don't "street race" anymore, but it is fun to play around a little under the pefect conditions and what I like(d) about this car is nobody really messed around with you and the few times I did, it wasn't much of a contest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif On the street this thing is a beast, but does start losing it on the highway in comparison (to some of my other rides), although that's alright, cause I don't take this thing over 80-85 mph (doesn't have the 'safe feel' at those speeds like other cars I've owned and there's nothing wrong with the car).

matt92vr4

Yeah I gave up 1st degree street racing about 6 years ago too. A couple of the cars I had back then were just getting too fast to drive on the street "safely". I still like to embarrass the unsuspecting vette driver once in a while at a light though. Once my kids get out of daycare I will be able to make the Galant fast enough for fun at the track and a little fun on the street too.

BpuVR4

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Simple solution, make it faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I wish more people could play on the streets responsibly. Unfortunately, its not the case. I'm just a big advocate of taking it to the track. For example, there has been a fatality at almost every DSM Shootout I have went to.

ummm damn...glad im just trying to make it into a special cruiser.

LIV4PSI

No joke, I have came back from the Shootout and made donations to people's families for funeral costs several years. My first year there, someone was trying to pass on the berm, lost control, and went sideways into oncoming traffic. The driver lived, but he killed his best friend and girl friend and I assume faced charges.

Everyone be careful this year!

Last edited:

BpuVR4

i'm too old to street race (34). It's been awhile since i've had impromptu stoplight wars...and I just can't imagine doing that anymore. I think it's a combination of just calming down and seeing the bad results, plus fear of breaking my cars...but prob also different for everyone depending on where they live. Nothing wrong with being responsible though.

turbowop

I had a guy in a newer Civic full of stickers rev at me last night while driving down one of the main roads in town. I looked over and asked him if he was serious. He backed off and stayed behind me in the other lane at that point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned