The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

finally got a power run on the vr4

NZ VR4 RS

had the car on the dyno at spec a few weeks ago to get a power figure as i have been wanting
to know how the new setup was making the power.like to say thanks to jon for coming down on a sat morning just to run the car up.

the 35/40 has been on the car for just over a year now and has dropped the 1/4 mile time from 12.3 after it was first done to a 11.75 last month.

car made 235kw on the 16g at around 24psi and ran a 12.2 so was looking at how much more it took to run the 11.75.

the 35/40 was running 24psi and was on avgas the main problem is one i have been chasing ever since the turbo went on is that on part and cruise throttle the car will dive to massive richness.

after swapping everythig i could think of over i think it must be a broken or loose wire in the afm system some where,with the link going on soon this should sort out this major issue.

the power figure while i feel is a bit light for a 35/40 at 24psi even on a stock motor i think the fuelling issues had a bit to play in it.

ended up with 259kw which makes me and the car look good with a couple of 120mph passes.

you can hear the car go rich at the start of the pull.

click

dynoscan.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned