The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tein or hotbits?

JB

Quoting AWDnot2:
Now that is one clean engine bay!

He loves to show off.

turbowop

Quoting Whoodoo:
So I was looking around and trying to compare the available camber plates for our e39a's and apparently Tein has invented a new material... Their mounts are made from 'Ultra Duraluminum A2017S-4'. What the hell is that? If you google it, the only hits you get are tein related. Anyone know what they hell this stuff is? How have all your tein mounts been holding up?

It's marketing. They hold up fine, regardless of what Tein calls the material.

turbowop

Quoting JB:
Quoting AWDnot2:
Now that is one clean engine bay!

He loves to show off.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif I needed a quick pic of the camber plate that showed where it was in its adjustment range. Can I halp it if the car is clean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Whoodoo

Don't worry mark, we all know 1051 is the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Can anyone tell me exactly what its made of? I'd really like to be able to compare these camber plates apples to apples. I am leaning towards the Ksports because they are a lot cheaper than the rest. Here's the breakdown as of right now: Hotbits: $275, Tein: $230, Ksport: $145.

The Hotbits are all steel, which means they are probably worse off in the list because they will be heaviest; not by much, but it looks like weight and cost are the only determining factors in the line-up.

Whoodoo

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Whoodoo:
So I was looking around and trying to compare the available camber plates for our e39a's and apparently Tein has invented a new material... Their mounts are made from 'Ultra Duraluminum A2017S-4'. What the hell is that? If you google it, the only hits you get are tein related. Anyone know what they hell this stuff is? How have all your tein mounts been holding up?

It's marketing. They hold up fine, regardless of what Tein calls the material.

According to wikipedia, duralumin is an Al-Cu alloy. It doesn't have any information on A2017S-4 specifically, but because its a copper alloy, its more susceptible to corrosion... in case anyone cared.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned