The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suspension question.

daras6909

Im picking up a set of "ground control coilovers with eibach springs and kyb agx dampers off a 1g eclipse. I know the dsm awd & vr4 suspension are very similar. My question is: will there be any hassles from bolting these right in? Besides the obvious, rusty frozen bolts...etc. I was just curious if the flex line for the brakes will mount correctly without kinking issues, or if stock top hats will be needed or any of those known tips/tricks. Any & all help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

tektic

What shocks and struts are you using? That's where the brake line mounts at. The coils and sleeves just replace the springs. You can also trim the lower spring perch in the front if wheel fitting is an issue.

If the sleaves don't adjust because of rusty set screws their worthless. Don't buy them.

turbowop

You can get replacement perches from GC if needed. They're not that expensive either if I recall. Something like $25/perch.

KiNgMaRtY

Also keep in mind that the 1g springs are softer in the rear than the GVR-4 specifics off the shelf from GC

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned