The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sunroof problems

mitsu90

Only half of my sunroof tilts open. But the whole thing slides back, and to get it to slide forward I have to help it with my hands.. it there more then one motor that controls the movement.

boostedinaz

Might be bad news, but your sunroof is done for. Mine did the same exact thing. The reason it only goes up on one side is because a little plastic part broke in the arm that raises it. It's not serviceable and I was never able to find just the separate parts.

The reason it only goes about half way closed and really slow is the motor. That part can be replaced, but since the other part is fubar you might as well replace the whole unit.

I was bummed when it happened. I really loved the sunroof in my GVR4, it really makes we wish I had a sunroof in my GTO.

Hertz

Staff member
Anything is serviceable with enough determination... it's just not going to be easy. Maybe you'll get lucky and find the broken pieces in there.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Isn't there a guy in Indiana selling one on here?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned