The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suede headliner help

kooter

looking for any info on covering the headliner with black suede.
anyone out there done this one themselves?

TylerAdamson

If you aren't familiar with upholstery work then I'd leave it to the professionals. Suede isn't cheap and I'd hate to see you ruin some because you didn't know what you were doing.

However if you insist on doing it yourself I'd suggest a quality spray adhesive such as 3M or the like. Spray both the fabric and the headline then lay the fabric on. Stretch to fit and rub firmly to embed fabric.

kooter

if I could afford it I would love to have it done proffesionally,
that and I have no idea were to go to get something like this done.
just happen to have seen some post on here were people have done it themselves.

If you insist to do it yourself, take your time. Like stated above that material is not cheap, I would use 3M super 77 or higher.

kooter

has anyone done this ?
I already know to use the best adhesive and take my time

I have but not with suede and not in a Galant. I used an 1/8" thick foam pad then the material over it. To give it that nice from factory look and feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned