The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

subs

i was woundering what kind of subs anyone has in there cars need ideas on boxs and subs pictures would be nice i currently have two 12" audiobahn but unsure if they will fit

alansupra94

What do you mean by fit? Just toss em in the truck and you are set. Personally I didn't need that much base no wanted to tax the system so I just have a 10in Infinity Sub woofer. Haven't gotten around to putting it in since I want to do my battery relocation first.

boostedinaz

Here is the install I did in 1101 a few years ago. It was just a single ten but I wasn't looking to grab unwanted attention.

click

alansupra94

^^^^^^^

Exactly. No one notices me and I want to keep it that way.

misterfixit

I made a new piece to go behind the rear seat, its in the attic now as the car is in teardown (going to the jig next week) Same shape as the piece of cardboard behind the seats. I have a sony xm-250x amp on the left side of the ski hatch then over the ski hatch I made a plate that can slide which has an infinity 10" facing through the hole. Speaker cables run up along where the trunk springs are.

If i need to use the ski hatch i just slide the sub across out of the way. The whole set up is covered by a curtain of black fabrick so when the trunk is open its not visible, and the car is practicle too. I previously had two rockford fosgate 8" and the infinity 10" running off a different amp (an infinity ra6006 in the trunk but the sound was lost behind the seat and the cabin sounded flat. This setup even though the sub is in free air is much more alive.

Its all 12mm marine ply, looks a bit rough but i hope the description gives you the idea!

Rich

misterfixit

When i get the car back together i'll post them but hopefully it gets some grey cells churning!

Rich

SouthCaliVR4

I have a single ten in a bandpass box, powered by a 250 amp. My install is nothing fancy, amp mounted to the box & box ratchet strapped to hold it in the trunk. Also comes right out if I need the room or wish to shed the weight. sound is good for rock but would probably fall short if you listen to a lot of rb/rap.

Depends on the mood I am in. I usually run 2 Alpine Type R 12's, when I want to change things up I put in my big boy box 3 Jl audio 10w6's in a custom 1" plexi glass box. Both fit snugly between the wheel wells but that jl box is quite heavy lol so most of the time its in the accord....I run either my alpine MRVF1507 and MRVF540 or the JL 1001/1 and JL 300/4(should have never sold them lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisb33

here's an old pic when i had mine in the trunk. now i changed subs and put it up front under the glove box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

chris b

CutlassJim

I run two 6.5" subs mounted in the rear deck in the factory spots run off an old ADS Powerplate 4 channel. Guests always compliment the bass then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif when I pop the trunk and there is no box. My GF's car runs this beast

DSCN1995.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned