The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

subframe question

l8apixvw

heres my question. can a subframe from an awd eclipse ,be used in a vr4 with 4ws? i know the part numbers are differnt but not sure why . can some let meknow if they have done this . and if it worked out ok

turbowop

facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

thecman02

lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Quoting l8apixvw:
heres my question. can a subframe from an awd eclipse ,be used in a vr4 with 4ws? i know the part numbers are differnt but not sure why . can some let meknow if they have done this . and if it worked out ok

They're the same except for the 4ws, dsm is 5 lug & some dsm's have a 4 bolt rear end which is stronger than the gvr4's. Make sure you get one from a 1g awd. It seems there's been a lot of people asking about this recently.

CutlassJim

Quote:
They're the same except for the 4ws, dsm is 5 lug & some dsm's have a 4 bolt rear end which is stronger than the gvr4's. Make sure you get one from a 1g awd. It seems there's been a lot of people asking about this recently.

Actually he's lying and they don't fit at all. You should probably sell the car.

l8apixvw

but i still dont know if i can bolt up the 4ws to the eclipse subframe thats the real question . i know an eclpise and vr4 a pretty similar mechanicly. but ive never seen an eclipse subframe off the car. im not a retard just new to mitsubihi's.my car already has a 4 bolt in it.

NARF

no..... and yes.
You could mount the rear rack on a 1g subframe in the same fashion as ours, you would just have to replicate the mounting attachments, at an .00 incremental level.This is assuming you have all the 4WS stuff..... and just no subframe.
That is why the part numbers are different,I doubt anyone has done that,and if done right there is no reason it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

DougPorcaro

Quoting Garfield Wright:

They're the same except for the 4ws

Hence the 4ws system is part of the vr4 subframe.

KT

1) Make sure you get a rear end out of a 5-spd car. The autos have different gear ratios.

2) Next time search. When you come up with a question, assume you aren't the first person to have that thought about a 17-18 year old car. I would venture to guess that 98% of your questions can be answered by searching.

Quoting turbowop:
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

f***ing. Awesome. Graemlin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You can use a awd dsm subframe on a galant vr4 if you eliminate 4ws. If you do not eliminate 4ws then no as there is no mounting tab for the rear pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

fivestardsm

Quoting turbowop:
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

slap.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned