The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shifter bushings question.

Hey hows it going, first i would like to say that the search Feature on this forums is as about as complicated as doing taxes. Ive come from the EvoM forums and things seem to work a little smoother and their searching.... its like it brings up stuff that has no relevance to my question.

Heres the question

Do shifter base bushings from a 1G AWD work on a Gvr4, also will a SS clutch line from a 1G AWD work on a GVr4.

I know that a stock short shifter will swap to a GVR4 from a 1G AWD, but will an aftermarket one?

Where can i get the Shifter stick bushings, mine are completely shot, Any websites, ive looked around on ebay and have seen nothing aswell as tuners nation.

Thanks for takeing the time to read my question.

that answers my question thanks very much.

Have any idea about the short shifter? can an aftermarket one be used? one that is intended for a 1gDSM

Hertz

Staff member
A stock DSM shifter will give you an acceptable height and will feel like a shorter throw.

If the aftermarket one is shorter (height) than a stock DSM, it may be too short to use comfortably in a VR-4.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Good info here, with links

The search feature here requires a little thought.

All keywords treated as OR condition unless:
Use +keyword for required keywords.
Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.
Use quotes around words to search for a phrase.

Since you're coming from the evo boards, it might help to note when using the search feature here, the ":bro:" is silent... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whoodoo

As far as the bushings go, if they work for a 1g, they work for a VR4. The shifter base (or plate as I've seen it called) is the same for both as well as the lower arm (the one for left-right throw). The upper arm (front to back throw) is different as its longer for the VR4 than the 1g.

What are you attempting to accomplish? If you simply want to take out slop, get bushings from blue642. I've heard they fit wonderfully and he is a nice fella. If you want to shorten the throw a bit, get a 1g shifter. It has a smaller arm above the fulcrum. If you want shorter shifts still, either buy a short throw from JNZ or, if you have access to the proper tools, make one like I did.

links:
JNZ's short shifter
My shifter thread

Thats for that reply perfectly answered my question and more, much appreciated.

Rausch

Quote:
Since you're coming from the evo boards, it might help to note when using the search feature here, the ":bro:" is silent...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I got most of my parts from a 1g eclipse, that had very little wear in the bushings. Also once you start taking them apart at the junk yard, you become an expert at taking them apart and putting back together. Short throw shifter might be a little too short, maybe just concentrate in making it stiffer, with less play.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned