The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stock ground location on the motor

fivestardsm

Check this out. It will be roughly the same locations.

click

EDIT: I just realized it dosent actually state where the grounds are. So to explain it, there is a ground that comes off the fire wall that goes to the manifold at the bolt that holds the throttle cable on. Or you can ground it to the boss directly under the throttle cable mount on the back side of the manifold that is used to secure the wireing harness to the motor.

The other ground is on the transmission which leads up to the frame by where the I/C pipe comes through on the passenger side.

Hope this helps. If not, let me know, and I can get pictures.

Now, import tunners also did a power pages on a 92 talon back a few years ago, and one of the mods was a ground grid. Basically it put an extra 4 or 5 ground points on with larger diameter wire.

They experiencd around 5-10 horse gain just for that. I can't gurantee that this will happen for you or anyone else, but it is an excellent idea because it lets all your sensors respond better.

I use one on mine, and I have made my own heavier guage wires to ground on other cars. The one that I use is an "NR-G" ground set. they usually run between $30 and $50 depending on the brand.

Last edited:

1qkfwd

My buddy has an is300 and on one of there forums they did something similar. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to add a few extra grounds to the engine. One that was forgotten above was the one heavy gauge ground that bolts up to the starter through the trans.

prove_it

Better grounds also help to prevent the coolant from picking up an electrical charge. Helps to prevent corrosion in your cooling system.

Try it yourself. Ground a voltmeter to the block and put the positive lead in the coolant, you'll see it has voltage. Adding grounds give electricity a path of less resistance.

Also allows for a better spark and less Radio noise. I don't get how it helps sensors though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the sensors all ground through the ECM, which is why those grounds are critical.

fivestardsm

You pretty much stated it your self. It takes away the interference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned