The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stock boost pipework - pics needed

crazydriver81

Hi guys,

I have started to covert my E35A to 4G63T power.

First thing was, to trial fit the JDM boost pipework to my JDM car, to see if all lines up correct. I found, that some threads in the front end structure are missing but this is not too much of an issue. I need to weld some areas anyway and give the engine bay a respray, so this will be solved.

But I am stuck with the boost pipework, let's say one piece of it and I need to know, where this mounts onto. I am talking about the small metal pipe, which passes between the water radiator and the driver's side headlight (it has a tab with one hole and a separate tab with to holes). I have found no mounting positions there, where I can bolt this pipe onto and I suspect there may be a part missing, which I need to source...

Is anybody able to shed some light on me please and probably provide one or two pictures? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There is a vertical body piece that bolts on there that probably non-turbo models did not have. I may have an extra of that. I still have to look for your chip, so I can try and find that piece when I search.

Kibby

I actually removed that pipe, cut off the bracket, and reinstalled it. Had no issues running 22psi on stock rubber hoses. No real reason. Was switching to fmic and hard pipes for mock up and bracket was annoying.

crazydriver81

Thanks for your replies guys. I was suspecting that I miss a part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyhow, would be great to have a picture, so that I can check what else may be missing. But I need to see this pipe installed to a car to double check with my car. Is anyone able to post a picture please?

crazydriver81

Anyone can help?

CutlassJim

You still need pictures? I JUST put a car together with all factory piping. The metal piece that the thing your talking about bolts too isn't installed though. I just bent up some stuff to emulate it and painted it black.

crazydriver81

Yeah, still looking for a picture where I can see how this is bolted up and where. I need to figure out which parts I need to source as I want to have my build as close to factory looking as possible. Thanks man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kibby

For all the effort Just run hard pipes and a fmic. Nice power gain over stock and the intake temps will be cooler.

Fiascoxl

Bobdole has done an amazing job restoring his gvr4, check out his thread for really detailed pics of his progress. click

edit: I realize you have a overseas model which can accommodate the larger intercooler but I am sure the little pass through intercooler pipe is the same.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned