The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Starting the N/A to turbo, auto to 5 speed conversion

14u2nV

Well. looks like my power problem is due to the timing belt skipping two teeth. Found that out after changing the plugs, messing with the timing, and going over all the electrical. Got halfway through fixing it tonight, before it got too dark. Maybe it will run again tomorrow.

3Diamond

Quote:
Maybe it will run again tomorrow.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Aaah sounds soo familiar.

14u2nV

Ok, I'm getting a baro ce code, it runs like sh*t, except at low rpms, and high rpms. Smells very rich, enough that it's burning my eyes. If I unplug the mas, it runs the same, but dies at intersections. Think I've got a bad mas?

dime2nr

is the baro the wire that had to be added i cant remember of hand i think im in a similiar situation as mine idles really high until i unplug the mas at which point it runs much better and i have gone over the wiring a dozen times

Last edited:

No, the wire that has to be added is for a voltage divider circuit.I *think* it uses the IAT sensor in the MAS for this, but I don't really know. They *might* use it to provide a 5v output also. I really don't know exactly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned