The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Signs of a bad alt? Or starter

Hondakiller

Rite it might be able to hold eight power. Here this is what u should do change your altnator! Then put your batt. Back in and and try to start the car and if it start good. Let the car sit over night and see if it will hold a charge if not most likely the batt. Is no good as well. If u like take the batt. Down to advanced or auto zone what u prefer and have them test both batt. And altnator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brunoboy

I actually let the car sit and it still has power to turn on lights and all

Hondakiller

When u go to start the car what does it do? Does it make a clicking sound, or does all the light dim down? And did u try having the car running and disconnect the batt. If it stays running the altnator is fine.

Brunoboy

Lights dim , back then it would click 60% of the time.

Hondakiller

Ok so charge up the batt. And put it back in the car and see if it will start and if so leave the car running and take off + side. If the car shits off the altnator is bad. And there is a chance that the batt. Is no good as well it might charge up to start the car a few times and then lose charge. So charge up the batt. And do what I said and get back to me and let me know what if it starts for u

Brunoboy

Went to Kragen, Starter passed, ALT did not, something about Ripple being messed up. High was way to high, and low was way to high.

Brunoboy

Battery hasnt been charged in two week and it still has juice .
-shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned