The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Side mirror fix

1307nv

Hi, I've been searching but no luck. My passenger side mirror bounces around when I'm driving,can anybody tell me how to pop out the mirror so I can see what's loose. Thx

There is a little plastic tab that is broken off. If you adjust the mirror all the way in you will be able to see it. If you take out the screw on the bottom side of the mirror you will have enough room to get a piece of two sided tape behind the mirror. Make sure to clean the plastic really well to get a good hold. Fixed mine this way and haven't had any issues with it.

transparentdsm

there is also a screw in the bottom of the mirror housing that can be tightened. i have to tighten mine once and a while and when it gets loose it make a crazy rattling sound.

1307nv

Thanks, I did remove both mirror assemblies and cleaned them up and the drivers side tighter up but the passenger side still bobbles. I will try the double sided tape trick.

MellowVR4

Good thread, I have this same problem haha...

strokin4dr

Quoting 1307nv:
Thanks, I did remove both mirror assemblies and cleaned them up and the drivers side tighter up but the passenger side still bobbles. I will try the double sided tape trick.

Is there a trick to actually getting the mirror itself out?

1307nv

FIXED!! The double sided tape works great, pulled the small screw and there was plenty of room. I also found the broken clip.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts