The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shaving the intake

mikus

just picked up intake and figure I'll shave and polish it some, since I'm in no rush, low budgeting this and so forth

Didn't see any good instructional, seems pretty basic - tape up, angle grinder, machine sand, hand sand, shine up, clean up. Beer. Any tips?

bigblock4g63

you mean like this..

bigblock4g63

Quoting mikus:
seems pretty basic - tape up, angle grinder, machine sand, hand sand, shine up, clean up. Beer. Any tips?

take your time and port it as the intake manifold is off the car. port match the intake to the felpro gasket

Last edited:

just make sure you use a special disk on the angle grinder for ally as a regular one can explode if used on ally.

i just shaved the ribs off and not the ECI MULTI part and it took me about 45 mins. and then i smoothed the rest of the manifold thats visible for powdercoating so its a smooth black. its pretty easy just take your time.

note: i used an 18v drill and a multi prep disc set from walmart lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned