The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Seatbelt Issue

rgeier11

My driver's side seatbelt just stopped working. At first, it needed a little nudge to get it to retract. Now it seems as if it is bound up or the cable came disconnected. The belt kept trying to move as I put the key in and gave it power. Now, the belt cable is sticking out of the trim. Has anyone had a similar problem? I think I may need a new assembly.

steve

I think you may need manual belts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Yep, same thing happened to me. It is the assembly. Manual belts is a good idea, those assemblies are stupid expensive and stupid heavy.

SouthCaliVR4

When I worked for madza I discovered a little something about the auto seatbelts, we had to replace them free of charge on any mazda that had a bad one. I am not 100% this will apply to mitsu but if you push it at the dealer they should have to replace them for free. those auto retractors have been dropped for a reason, they fail & then it's a safety issue as such the government decided they all have a lifetime warr.

though it has been a few years I have to imagine this is still the case, you just have to try & argue it if they say no, let them know you will contact dot & the state attorney gen if they refuse to replace them under warr, they may argue but I'd bet they'll take care of it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned