The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Electrical issues???

b00st33d

Last week, I changed my broken auto seat belt from a unit from pick and pull. I had driven the car last Sunday and everything worked perfect. Now, this morning I moved my car from the street to park it in my driveway everything was still working. I was gonna make a trip to the store, turned on the car and I did not see any lights on the dash and the automatic seatbelt relay keeps making a clicking noise (NOT the ecu relay). I checked my battery voltage and it was 12.56V I also cleaned the battery post just to make sure it was not the issue. I still dont have any lights in my dash, the seatbelt relay still clicks. The door panel light comes on and the top console light also comes on but it is really dim. Can someone help me out on what other things I need to check?

b00st33d

So i checked out the fuses and they are good. I did turned the switch a few times to off/on position. In one of the attempts, while pushing the clutch, all the indicator in the dash came on suddenly and when i turned the key to try to crank the engine, the power is lost. The clicking sound from the autoseatbelt relay is not there anymore and I still see a dim light on the door panel, when the door is open.

theevozero

Chase power and ground with a test light off the battery. I'm sure you'll find it in no time.

galant651

sounds like you might have a problem in your positive cable. if you have any corrosion see how far it goes. if you have very much you will have power but once you put a load on it, it cant hold it and cuts out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts