The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Saying Hi

Perkul8r

So I have been on here for a little while, but have only a couple months ago got another VR4. And all I have been doing is fixing it lol. But I finally had some time tonight and thought I would post up some pics and what not.

1991 galant VR 1055/2000
IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

So far I have not done much. Bought it with a bad clutch and possible trans problem. Replaced clutch and discovered first gear was shot. Drove it for a couple weeks and than found a new trans. I have only done minor things to it like EGR & Emissions delete. Added a MBC with an AEM boost gauge and wideband o2. Still gotta get the o2 sensor put it in, but its wired. I did do a nice little gauge pod for it using one of the ECS pods.
IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Anyway. Just thought I would post up and see what everyone thought. Any tips on minor things to take care of would be great.

Thanks for looking.

Car looks pretty sweet! I'll just reaffirm on this board that I love the gauge setup.

Perkul8r

I'm glad you like it man. Its a long way from finished but its a work in progress. I am just hoping to get it back on all fours this weekend. Hopefully switching the transfer case shaft will be a quick job.

Hondakiller

Welcome! There's all way something to fix. But they are fun cars. When I got my gvr4 the rad. cracked and caused hell. Got to hot and you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif But all is well like brand new. Keep a eye on that Rad. cuz my rad. looked like that when I got my car. But yours looks good no mod. good car to start with. I'd like one of them gauge pods.

Perkul8r

I actually bought the car from my aunt and uncle. He used it as a daily driver and was the second owner. The first owner being his sister. I have the original window sticker thats been sitting in the glove box for years. lol. The car was completely stock. Which is nice. No hacked up wiring or anything else like that to deal with. I just wish he would have taken care of the outside of it a little better. In the pics it dont look bad but the paint is shot. I will worry about that once I get it back DD status.

Hondakiller

yeah not bad just clear is coming off color still there. Nice so its all way was in the family thats cool. Soup it up and take grandad for a ride in it

BPU925

good lookin ride man.....good find

Perkul8r

So finally got it together with the new trans and got it running tonight. And man I cant believe how much I missed it. lol. Right now my only issue is that after coming to a stop it idles down around 500 rpm (if I am reading my tach right) and the oil light flashes. If I raise the idle just a little bit with the throttle pedal it does not do that. I am not sure what I will have to do to take care of that. Also my ignition switch is messed up. Took like 15 min just to get it to turn on. So I need a new one of those. Otherwise no leaks and no major problems.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned