The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Needing help with Gauge locations

alansupra94

Well, like always, I bought things really without much foresight. I managed to get four Greddy Gauges and an Innovative wideband very cheap for the Galant and forgot that I have to mount them somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Yes I have searched and seen the dual speaker gauge pod, the ECS pod and the dual pillar pods. I am curious to know if anyone has pictures of their setups. Also is it possible to use the 1G pillar gauge pods? Right now I am thinking of running a triple gauge pillar and a dual gauge speaker mount. The ECS sounds kind of difficult to install and mount.

I also have a Greddy E0-1 boost controller that I have to put somewhere too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Curtis made my pod near my radio, he does good work.
-shane

524of1000

This is mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TylerAdamson

Unless you're willing to hack up your gauges I'd stay away from the speaker pod. It took quite a few hours of sanding and trimming to get the gauges to sit flush in the pod. If I were to do it over again, I'd mount them below/above a CD player.

boostedinaz

alansupra94

See, I don't really want to put them so low. I am 6'5 so looking down might be a pain and dangerous. Also I will be having a pioneer N2 unit down there too. Also I figured the speaker pod will take so modification.

I might just get some dash pods off ebay and modify them.

Anyone else with a cool/different approach?

Brunoboy

Cut your center vents out?

Struc

Quoting alansupra94:
Anyone else with a cool/different approach?

I don't know how cool/different it is, but when I owned 517/2000, I had my boost gauge on the dash next to the speedo. You can see it OK in this picture (was the only one I had from back then). It was mounted in a regular generic gauge pod.

Last edited:

alansupra94

Previous owner already did that. I kinda didn't like it so the vent went back in along with the ABS and A/C system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned