The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

s362 Fitment

I was wondering how hard is it to fit an s362 in a gvr4. I used to own a 1g that I ended up having to part out because I got into an accident and the body was toast. I've always liked the vr4 and I have a chance to get a pretty clean shell. The s362 fit fine in my 1g but I know that the engine bay is smaller in a vr4. Does anyone know if an s362 will fit and have a certain setup they use(no a/c, certain radiator, certain manifold)?

EMX5636

I mocked up my setup using a S362. It's really tight compared to a 30-35R, but it is possible. I'm running a custom JMF Topmount, but they have made them for 42R's to fit. I'm running a 1G DSM radiator pushed up under the rad support a bit, with the A/C condenser also moved forward a bit. I have 2 Spal pusher fans because there wasn't room for them behind the rad.

VR4's have less room between the head and rad support, but more room up top, so a top-mount manifold will make it the easiest.

EMX5636

I'm pretty sure that is the one that does. Mine was built as a one-off, so it's not really offered, but I'm close with the guys over there, and they know what they're doing. If you call to place the order, they usually have mock-up turbo's around so they can modify final assembly slightly to allow fitment of the big S300 cover. Just tell them what you want, they can make it work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned