The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running SD and can't get above 5500RPM with it stumbling?

rdomeck

I'm running.....

-V3 Lite
-1050CC injectors
-Evo3 manifold and O2 housing
-Big 16G trubo
-Top mounted intercooler (not ducted correctly yet, but will soon)
-3" turbo back exhaust
-Adj fuel pressure reg. set at 42-45lbs
-Map and IAT along with the MAF cable ECM tuning

I think I have the ECU inputs correct? Seems like I shouldn't really start tuning until I have this cut out issue solved. From the logs it seems that the airflow and TPS are going all over the place. Obviously I'm not on and of the throttle like it shows. I have tried a capture without the engine running and the TPS is working like it should, but seems like from the logs that it's malfunctioning and load?

Thanks for all the help that this site provides.

mikus

can you post a log? Is there concern about the setup being correct, if so can you tell us how you've got the IAT & MAP?

rdomeck

IAT is in front of the throttle body about 2" and the MAP comes off a bung I welded in about 4" behind the throttle body on the intake side. I would say there is a concern about having it set up correctly....I haven't been able to get the car to do anything different than what it is doing since the engine went in and it ran fine before on the stock set up!

How can I attach a log for you to see?

mikus

Beats me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Post on ECM forum and post that link here?

rdomeck

gramkrakr89

you have "clutch cut (no lift to shift)" enabled... and at 5500 rpm... do you have your clutch switch disconnected to facilitate starting w/o depressing the pedal??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

disable clutch cut under "RPM Controls" and see if your problem doesn't vanish...

also, I think you need to add your OmniBar MAP sensor to your logged data values to make use of it for tuning purposes

hope this helps you!

EDIT: just checked your log again, and your clutch switch seems to be operating normally, sorry didn't catch that earlier - hope you track your problem down soon!

Last edited:

rdomeck

That really helps.... I had look ed at this tonight and was going to try it in the morning! I did hook up my clutch switch to the ecu and I do have to push it in to start, but I guess I need to see why it's not getting to the ECU.

I can't seem to find the OMNI 4 bar sensor in the logged data. I did put the boostest value in and it does seem to be logging the value!

gramkrakr89

It looks like the ecu sees your clutch switch just as you shift, so it shouldn't be causing it to cut until the switch is active (which is during your shifts according to the log) but unhook your clutch switch just as a test to see if it goes away.

Also, BoostEst is an estimated value based on known (or in SD case, estimated) airflow mass per rev as compared to volume displacement per rev (i think, heh)

You should be able to add your omnibar map to the display-able values by right clicking the table under the graph and selecting "captured values" while you're connected to the ECU... after you add it to the capture list, it should be in the list of "displayed values" to show in the graph... something makes me think a sensor or switch is at fault, because at 5500 RPM, your AFRatioEst in the ecu code slams to 14.7:1 every time (which in my experience, usually indicates a condition where the ECU is confused about something like airflow)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned