The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacing front/rear window trim

jepherz

Staff member
When I painted my car, I removed all of the front and rear window trim. Well, previously and in the process of removing the trim, a bunch of the plastic clips broke that hold it on. Has this happened to anyone and is there any way to remedy the situation short of having the whole windshield/rear window replaced? The only suggestion I have gotten so far is to glue the problem pieces on with window weld.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The clips are available and replaceable, Jeff. I have done it. You may need to cut the windshield urethane around the clip locating pins to get the remnants out and allow the new clips to fit.

jepherz

Staff member
Great news. Now all I have to decide is what to do with my rear defroster that doesn't seem to work at all :-( Thanks for the heads up, Dave.

Struc

FYI, the front side mouldings are still available from Mitsubishi. I just bought them from JNZ not too long ago, since I'll need the windshield replaced, and they were in poor shape. The top one is NLA, however.

No clue on the rear window.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jepherz:
Great news. Now all I have to decide is what to do with my rear defroster that doesn't seem to work at all :-( Thanks for the heads up, Dave.

Check the defroster relay (rubber covered one in RF corner of the engine compartment). Mine had water intrusion and was rusted inside.

Armitage

Does anyone know where to get the rubber weather seal for the windows? When it's cold, my windows rattle in their frames at highway speeds and I think it's because the weather sealing isn't very supple anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned