The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rebirth of #1759

dustyduff

Took a few additional shots of the car this afternoon (I know, I forgot my real camera and used my iphone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) . Need to fix the exhaust due to the JDM bumper and need to wait for the shop to finish the front bumper. I threw the EVO rims on there because I'm waiting for my 3kgt brackets to arrive and put the suspension/brakes on the car. I really need to hose this pig off as soon as I can get her outside.

Still a lot of progress to be made, but it's slowly getting there.

kartorium

Car looks great, but no paint love for the door handles? I suppose it's all personal taste, but man do painted door handles make a car look a lot nicer.

Pretty nice build though!

iLLeffeKt vr-4

She looks better and better. Glad to see it went to someone that really knows what they're doing. Keep up the good work.

dustyduff

As much as I hate to admit it, "G" was right about the ceramic coating. The coating looks like sh*t after sitting at the paint shop without any real mileage on the car. I should have gone with Swaintech.

Quoting kartorium:
Car looks great, but no paint love for the door handles? I suppose it's all personal taste, but man do painted door handles make a car look a lot nicer.

I thought about having the handles painted to match the body color, but decided against it. I figured the "panda" theme would look better with the handles black. The chrome trim inside of the side panels/bumpers was removed and a new black trim was inserted. I plan on powdercoating the EVO VIII rims gloss black to go along with the rest of the exterior theme.

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
She looks better and better. Glad to see it went to someone that really knows what they're doing. Keep up the good work.

Adrian, I'm glad to see that the car is getting your nod of approval. I still have quite a bit of work left ahead of me before she's up to par with when you sold the car. The car was litterally a rolling chassis when I picked it up. It took a lot longer at the paint shop than I would have liked, but at least she's back in my hands now. You probably thought the project was abandoned like most other ones didn't you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I promise you won't be disappointed with the final outcome.

As much as I'd like to take all the credit, a lot of the credit goes to my buddy Steve who's storing the car at his house and helping me along the process. He has an attention to detail like no other.

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

The car looks awesome. I wanted to give it a nice paint job since the first day I purchased it but since I live in the city and the car used to be a daily I decided against it because here you can't have anything nice.
I didn't think the project was abandoned, not after seeing the first page of this thread where it looks like you spent a lot of time and money on powerdercoating and all the other stuff. Doing it right takes time and $$$ and you sure look like you know what you're doing.

dustyduff

Thanks Adrian. If I lived in the middle of the city, I highly doubt I would have had the car painted as well. I had a minor setback when the car came back from paint though. It was a rush to get the car running and to the paint shop prior to last summer. The car was supposed be a quick turnaround ~ 1 month, but turned into a several month project. We only filled the radiator with water since the car was not "supposed" to be sitting outside of the shop. Apparenetly the paint shop had the car sitting out as winter approached and the water froze up. It popped a freeze plug on the back of the block and pushed the water pipe off of the waterpump. This explains why the car wouldn't stay running for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

We didn't find this out until a few weeks ago when were putting the coilovers and brake setup on the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The car will likely stay in the garage until I can find more time to devote to finishing it. I doubt the car will be road worthy this year, but I can tell you that it WILL NOT become another "part out" from an unfinished project. I wish I could take all the credit, but I have a good friend from work who is a Nissan guy by nature, but has a meticulous eye for detail who has been with me the whole way during the build process.

desant78

another south jersey vr4...i live in woodbury and went to school with Ed (throughfaith) and have most of his parts in my car....ed is now in salem...gloucester is becoming a hotspot for vr4's....

desant78

if you don't mind me asking..where do you work on your car? do you rent a garage? Me and a few friends have been looking to rent a place in the area for our projects

kama1

I wish mine would look that clean when i finish mine.I think im gonna do the same location for the battery tray.
Great job with the car sir!

dustyduff

Slow but steady progress on the G-ride. My car is located about an hour and a half from my house right now, safely tucked away in my buddies garage.

Got the 3000GT VR4 brakes on the car a few weeks ago along with the Hotbits coilovers.

Last week my buddy was bored and decided to put my Evo VIII seats in the car. He also installed the carpet that I Ritdyed. It's starting to come together, but the interior needs a good detail still.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Waiting for a few more parts to come back from powdercoating and a few parts to finish off the interior, but definitely hope to be driving this heap before summer. Still need to get the gauges installed, harness bar (& harnesses), and manual set belt kit.

dustyduff

My buddy also fabbed up an air intake box for the car. Still needs to secure the lid to the box, then it's coming off to get powdercoated too.

do the vr4 3000gt brake caliper brackets bolt straight up or did yu have too modify them they look so clean on your car

dustyduff

Bunch more progress on #1759 over the past few weeks and a little bit more to go. I had an issue with the painter who lost the JDM bumper support for the bumper I was getting painted, but I picked up the RS bumper from Jeremy who was kind enough to drop it off to me. The painter compensated me for it, but it was a substantial delay in getting everything finished. Also got the Eterna Grill painted at the same time as the bumper.

While waiting for the bumper to be painted, I decided to get an HID retrofit done to the headlights that most of you saw in my other thread. Powdercoated the intake box that was in the previous pictures too.

I never posted a pic of the fuel cell setup in the trunk for the secondary rail.

Still have to the following left to do:

*Mount bumper and front lip
*Wiring (gauges/SD setup/HIDs)
*Install catch can and overflow
*Install harness bar
*Install Evo steering wheel
*Good detail
*Tune

It's getting closer to being done and I'm hoping to be driving the car come this summer.

dustyduff

Got the front bumper mounted. Looks pretty good with the white Eterna grille. I'm glad that I went with white instead of black now that the bumper is on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned