The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear end problems

so i started to hear some noise coming from my rear end after a u turn so when i got home i checked it and the oil was fried and there was a big chunk of some thing i could feel throw the drain plug when i draind it. WTF how easy do thies rear ends go out? and can i pull one out of a gsx or tsi. or i guess what are my optionsto get it replaced?

Armitage

I had one of the spider gears in my 4-bolt break off a tooth before. It was a pretty sizeable chunk of metal that came out with the oil. Diff worked fine for many many miles in that condition though. I have that diff completely apart so if it turns out you need any parts to repair yours with, LMK.

well it is my daily so i cant have it apart for long. i am wondering if any 4 bolt will fit it or what is the deal. but if i have to just go pick up one at a junk yard just to get one in the car. then i can take the time to rebuild my or another one.

steve

Well, is it a 4-bolt rear in there now, or a stocker? If its a stocker do you just want to replace it, or upgrade to a 4-bolt?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned