The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear camber arms

Lancer99

Long story short. I finally have some money to spend on my vr-4 to try and get back on the road. The rear camber arms that I got from Andre needs to be painted and I was wondering what kind of paint should I use? I prefer to do it myself and where its done so I dont have to take them back off and repaint them a couple years later.

jmorri15

undercoat paint should work.

GSX_TC

why not powder coat them that way the finish lasts longer?

curtis

Depends on who does it. Might be beer or 100 bucks. You could paint them with gloss black epoxy paint from a rattle can for less than 10 bucks.

ApexHunter

^ That's what i was thinking, but i know POR-15 likes a substrate that is already somewhat seasoned. However if you use their Metal Ready to prime, i think you are good. POR15 is a great product.

GSX_TC

Justin from Detective Coatings does a damm good job powdercoating, he did my Valve cover for like 70 bucks last year. his number is (814) 594 6383 Tell him Mike Valencia sent you! Lol Just kidding Mark haha

here's his Work btw

VR4enginebay.jpg

trexn8

I had my Pina motorsports rear upper control arms powder coated silver. I think I paid around $100 to have them both done. They look like candy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

James

I've used TCC for all my coatings. Though its been a while since I've had anything done.

blacksheep

Quoting trexn8:
I had my Pina motorsports rear upper control arms powder coated silver. I think I paid around $100 to have them both done. They look like candy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not to jack, does Pina still make these? Got any pics? Thanks

tektic

Even with metal ready prep por15 doesn't bond well to non rusty metal.
If it were me I'd use 3 coats of rustolium and then wax it or rubberized undercoating.

Lancer99

Andre told me he closed his shop last year but never said anything about not making the control arms.

GSX_TC

News to me, I though his shop was doing good. He's a member on here, Grocery getter is his username.

GSX_TC

Lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned