The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear brake upgrades...?

kartorium

thanks for expanding upon your thoughts digit. Its always helpful.

I was under the impression that part of the reason for the washers and spacers and whatnot is to make up for flaws or wear differences on individual cars. I however didn't have to shim or washer up my kit at all.

I understand what you are saying though, the brackets are pretty simple, whereas TCE could have cnced a solid chunk of aluminum or stainless and deleted the washer/spacer aspect. I wonder if there is a reason for them doing it this way (besides reducing cost).

I'm sure the main reason they did it is it is cost effective. In reality you only need one flat bracket and then you cut whatever offset of piping you need for whichever rotor setup they sent out the brackets with. It's a cheap way of making them but also they end up being cheap, IMO.

My brackets are solid waterjet/cnc milled aluminum with carbon steal inserts. Much more solid and rough in my opinion but a lot less cost effective on my side for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned