The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear brake lines

conquesttsi

I live in new england. Thankfully my vr4 is not swiss cheese but my rear hard lines are. I patched a small section with compression fittings to get to an event last year. Now I want to fix it right. Can I buy prebent lines from the dealer? I couldn't find the rears in caps. Only the front. If anyone has a part # that would be awesome.

MoparDSM

bump, does anyone know where I could order prebent ss brake lines? I would prefer not to bring the car to a shop. Thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting conquesttsi:
I live in new england. Thankfully my vr4 is not swiss cheese but my rear hard lines are. I patched a small section with compression fittings to get to an event last year. Now I want to fix it right. Can I buy prebent lines from the dealer? I couldn't find the rears in caps. Only the front. If anyone has a part # that would be awesome.

The rear lines are shown with the fuel lines in section 13-020.

Part numbers are:

Left: MB500974
Right: MB500975

But they are not available anymore...

i would pick up some stainless steel lines. The ones from 1g dsms work with the galant. The previous owner had 1g lines on my old vr4 and all worked fine, should be the same set up. Not sure if there is a difference between the 90-91 and 92-94 dsms but i would assume 92-94 would be the set up you would be looking for. Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm this.

conquesttsi

Does anyone have a source for these prebent? I haven't started making my own yet...I really don't want to...I'm starting to think about just taking it to a shop but I don't really want to do that.

conquesttsi

Quoting 672VR4:
i would pick up some stainless steel lines. The ones from 1g dsms work with the galant. The previous owner had 1g lines on my old vr4 and all worked fine, should be the same set up. Not sure if there is a difference between the 90-91 and 92-94 dsms but i would assume 92-94 would be the set up you would be looking for. Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm this.

I'm still struggling with this. Were you only refering to the fronts or the rears as well?

stealthtt24

Not sure if this link will help.....

tunersnation.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=110_113_118_204

Adorsey

I remember reading a thread on someone having trouble with their instalation of the prebent lines. So you might just want to make sure you can do it without having to drop your front sub.
If its not coming from the dealer I dought they would be anywhere else.
My best advice would be to do it yourself. You could get all the material at your local auto zone.
Buy a roll of brake line(25') or something like that,and get the proper fittings.
You can rent/buy a flaring tool for cheap. Just make sure you double flare the ends, and you'd be good.
If you wanted stainless, youre probably going to have to search the internet, an get the correct fittings and such.

Hope I could give you some insight,

Good Luck

Last edited:

boostedinaz

There is no choice the front subframe has to come down. The clearnce is very tight and there are a "step" of bends that make it extremly hard if not impossible to snake in there. I had to swap out a sub frame because of these lines and once it was completley out of the car I had a massive amount of work space.

conquesttsi

Quoting Adorsey:
I remember reading a thread on someone having trouble with their instalation of the prebent lines. So you might just want to make sure you can do it without having to drop your front sub.
My best advice would be to do it yourself. You could get all the material at your local auto zone.
Buy a roll of brake line(25') or something like that,and get the proper fittings.
You can rent/buy a flaring tool for cheap. Just make sure you double flare the ends, and you'd be good.
If you wanted stainless, youre probably going to have to search the internet, an get the correct fittings and such.

Good Luck

I'm aware of this, and I know I would have to drop the subframe. I'm not willing to do the work, especially not in my driveway. I wasn't going to but I'm so sick of this I think I might just sell the car as it sits.

Had the same problem last year must be these damn new england winters I just put a fitting on mine and changed out where it was leaking.

boostedinaz

Quoting conquesttsi:
Quoting Adorsey:

Good Luck

I'm aware of this, and I know I would have to drop the subframe. I'm not willing to do the work, especially not in my driveway. I wasn't going to but I'm so sick of this I think I might just sell the car as it sits.

It's not horrible but it is a lot of work on your back. I swapped a subframe out with some help in a weekend. A lift would have made it somewhat easier but isn't needed.

Don't give up you'll end up taking a financial hit for some work you can do for free. Just my opinion.

Adorsey

Off topic for a second, but, conquesttsi~ Do you live in Southwick, ma? Is that your blue conquest thats always parked in the driveway on Feedinghills rd?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned