The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rally in my 1989 Vr4 Qld Australia

Thirsty

click
Hope you enjoy.
Ross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Its definitely moving. The suspension must be set up well, it looks smoooooooooth.

DR1665

Nicely done!

More info on the specs would be awesome. I assume you're running a restrictor, but what size? How do you make power around it? Headwork? Tuning?

Please share!

Ralli380Gvr4

Schwiiing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

gmp

that looks like alot of fun im envious

curtis

Look at the other video's from the same guy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

EMX5636

Awesome Vid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Wish I had some roads like that around me! What suspension is in that car?

Thirsty

G'day.
Sorry I have been slack with answering.
It is a 1989 Galant VR4. Standard engine, Group 'A' Rally Spec cams, 34mm restrictor, Autronic SMC with Antilag {You can hear the popping near the end of the clip}
50mm Drummond {Aussie revamp of Bilstein} coilover struts on the front, Bilstein rally spec coilover shocks on the rear. Both adustable height. 3" dump and exhaust. 501cc EVO injectors. Can't quote any performance figures as we tuned it on the fly {real time} with a wide band O2 sensor and computer. Saab 9000 rotors on the front, Mitsubishi twin spot caliper on the front. Saab 9000 front calipers and rotors on the rear.
205/65 rally tyres.
Clocked at 65 mph up the hill in the clip.
Cheers
Ross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Some in-car
click

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Driving, that just goes to show you that a damn near 20 year old rally car can still kick some major Ass.

My hats goes off to you for some awsome Piloting skills

curtis

Ok details on these saab 9000 brakes front and rear

Thats a hell of a set up. It gives me chills to watch our cars in action like this. One day, I too will be able to have some rally based fun.
Fastmover.....this is a twenty one year old rally car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DR1665

Quoting curtis:
Ok details on these saab 9000 brakes front and rear

Spoke with a Swedish friend of mine on the phone last night who builds a lot of rally car stuff up in Seattle. Without hearing specifically from Ross, we suspect that the Saab rotors are thicker, beefier, while still fitting behind 15" wheels. (15" wheels present the most options for tire selection, so stepping up to a big brake kit screws you on wheel/tire selection for rally.)

I believe the bolt pattern is off, so drilling is likely required, but it's something I intend to look into for my Galant.

Boostdtalon

that was an awesome video. gotta love rally. BTW I love Brisbane, I visited there back in 06'. I'm sure you might have heard of when i was there. I saw publicity for it all over the city. The USS Ronald Reagan.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned