The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rally in my 1989 Vr4 Qld Australia

RedTwo

I did a quick search for the Saab 9000 rotors vs VR4:

Saab Front
280 dia, 44mm hat height, 25mm thickness, Ventilated

VR4 Front
276 dia, 45mm hat height, 24mm thickness, Ventilated

Saab Rear
258 dia, 45mm hat height, 9mm thickness, Solid

VR4 Rear
265 dia, 49mm hat height, 10mm thickness, Solid.

As far as the calipers go? Who knows?

Thirsty

G'day.
Sorry I have been very remiss in not attending to your questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
The Saab front rotors were cheaper and larger. The VR4 here has 4x114.3mm PCD and the Saab 4x108mm.
Easy to enlarge the holes as the centre boss is the same. 4 small weld on the inside of the rotor hat means the fit tight on the hub.
The EVO two pot calipers are a bolt on with machine washers between caliper and mounting ears.
The rear was a different kettle of fish. The mounting ears were cut off and a mounting block fashioned from plate to fit the Saab 9000 front caliper then welded to the hub. The hub was stripped of bearings and the axle, heated with an oxy to a good hot temp first before the mounting block was welded.
Car was written off, driver error, and my new VR4 has evo front calipers on slotted VR4 rotors and the rear is standard. I bought some re-manufactured calipers through Brian Driggs and have good quality pads in them.
Works fine but an upgrade to EVO 8 rotors and calipers on the rear may be the go soon.
Cheers
Ross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thirsty

click
More footage, Sorry no sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Cheers
Ross

Thirsty

click
Stage 1 from Border Ranges Rally 2012.
Hope you like it.
Sorry the camera decided to stop talking to the SD card. after this stage, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned