The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question: Where can I get a new harness connector?

alansupra94

Well, after fighting with this electrical problem for my AEM EMS, it seems to stem from a loose connection with my ECU plug. For whatever reason, jiggling the harness causes the AEM EMS to either read perfect or in this limp mode. I traced every wire and they all intact 100%. It seems to be the actual wire connection to the plug is loose because when I move the wires around or pull the plug up, AEM EMS reads fine.

SO the question is: Where can I get a new or used ECU plug?.

Right now, AEM EMS is reading fine but I don't like it being like this.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Contact Iceman to see if he can get new OEM plugs for you.

GSX_TC

Junkyard is another good bet

alansupra94

Junkyards don't exist in NJ. Well they do but they charge out the ass because they have computerized pricing. Also don't really have time to go out there.

GSX_TC

ok well in that case, if need be i can just grab you some or one. just let me know exactly which one(s) you need.

alansupra94

Honestly at this point, I might not even de-pin the harness since the last time ended up with this problem.

I might solder and shrink wrap the hold damn thing for that connector since about 5 wires are shrink wrapped like that anyways.

broxma

I'm headed to the yard tomorrow. Which connector do you need?

/brox

And Yes Donkey, I did eventually send yours out. Was just a delay.

raptorWagon

You need one of the 3 ECU connectors? I can snip snip mine off and mail them out. My engine harness is trash, so why not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned