The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

PSI+timing+AFR sweet-spot?

prove_it

That turbo doesn't shine til you get into higher boost.

My S16G was pushing 320-330 at 26psi pending on weather. I was seeing about 37-39lb/min airflow. It was hot air, but it pulled. I was running E85 so was using around 22* timing up top.

The log you posted was showing around 40lbs/min so with the 92 octane and minimal timing you need to run, the power seems spot on. Run some Methanol, timing at 18* and 24psi boost and you'll feel that "kick". 4G63's love timing if it will handle it.

Your link will do an amazing thing. Its called HP/air. It basically calulates the power your making compared to airflow. It's a loggable item and your trying to see about 10hp per 1 lb airflow. 10:1 is the magic number.

EfiniX

Well I do know the PO got this turbo with meth in mind...

And to put a pretty bow on this thread:

I'm not far off in terms of tuning
I'm not far off in terms of power
Add an IAT (ECMLink sells a GM IAT, which seems perfect) at the TB elbow
Add meth for more power on pump gas

Seems reasonable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My only outstanding question is whether or not having my global fuel a bit lower (-55.5% instead of -53.3%) and VE table a bit higher (with cells as high as 106.5) is an issue. I mean the cell color is red, but is this really an issue? Am I overburdening something with this setup?

Last edited:

EfiniX

I don't know of any E85 in the area that isn't on a government vehicle pump. That being said, I've started the meth injection conversation with English Racing and we'll see how that plays out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned