The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

power windows

just yesterday all the windows worked and so did every switch. Today i get in go to roll windows down nothing happens. The only one that works is the driverside. WTF happened

14u2nV

did you try the window lock button on the driver side switch panel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

WaRrIoRs16

Mine are kind of wierd too. Half the time my front passenger side window won't roll up or down with either toggle. But when I open my driver side door and close it, the window will start working with both toggles again. I haven't looked into fixing it, I just open and close my door real quick to get it going again. I don't think my passenger window will go up or down if my driver side door is open either.

Man did you get your car from a junk yard? Any who use some contact cleaner and clean the switch contacts off.

^ red is right, this has worked for me in the past. But I ended up replacing mine for a working unit because of damaged clips (un-related). Open your driver window control box up, carefully and clean off those copper contacts.

1990ggsxnj

The switches should pop up easily but if they do not just open the center console, slide the box out, and stick your arm in there to push the switches out from behind. No need to pry.

SleepinGVR4

I just did this last night to fix my master window control problem. And in doing so I bent the tiny spring on the window lock button, so now my window lock button doesn't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned