The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CRAZY factory alarm

ok so my car was in the garage and i left my windows down and my battery was dead so i just put another 1 in so i could roll the windows up and when i put my key in the ignition for sum reason the alarm was going crazy so i tried to put in the door and lock and unlock it to see if it would stop but it didnt so i tried doing it in the igntion still nothing i even tried disconecting the battery and reconnect it and still nothing can anyone tell me why its doing this its getting on my nerves cuz its never done this before

Bro I am having the same problem, I disconnected the radio and now whenever i start the car it's fine buy when i shut it off and open the door it goes off.
It is driving me crazy too.

Let's stick together on this....I am on a mission to find out what the heck is going on.

jepherz

Staff member
I don't think the ignition will disarm the alarm. Is your hood open? There is a switch under the hood that may cause it to go off. Otherwise, try the key in the passenger door and the trunk. They both have disarm switches in them.

So after back tracking my actions in my mind I realized that
I noticed the deck lid indicator had fallen off the mount,
after remounting it, thats when the problem started,

So I am going to take it off the mount again and see if that works,

mooserage

Staff member
You can still leave it on the mount too if you just want to test it, The harness unplugs from the actual switch. Just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

After reading the owner's manual
I realized that when I unlock my driver's door
all the doors dont unlock, but when I unlock it from the passenger side
they do. So the unit in the driver's door is messed up.
The hood sensor had nothing to do with it; but I did break part of
the plastic sensor under the hood. That was awesome.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts