The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power steering pressure hose seals?

theevozero

Has anyone found them locally? I can find pump seal kits online all day, but I just need the 2 o-rings that fit on the pressure hose shaft on the pump. Attempted to use 2 generic o-rings from a large kit, but once the car started, they started leaking again.

theevozero

I gave up and order the whole seal kit from the dealer. Problem solved. $20 can't beat that for oem parts.

Last edited:

ktmrider

In a pinch ( out of town once and on a weekend another ) I used two small(er) o-rings stretched tightly. There is very little clearance between the banjo bolt and PS hose end.

BTW both times it worked great, no leaks.

theevozero

I may do that tonight, so I can run the car. I really don't wanna drown my alternator in ps fluid. Thank you.

theevozero

Not yet. I will on Monday.
I have this....

Wizardawd

Local parts stores usually have a nice bin selection of O-rings. Usually around $.40 or so each. Where I have always gotten mine from and no probs. Screw $20 for 2 O-rings.

Wiz

theevozero

It's $20 for all the o-rings. I'm gonna reseal the whole thing and not worry about the pump frying my alternator anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned