The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Plx m250 Wideband placement

James

Just want to make sure my placement in right for the sensor. 20inch down from the turbo, would place it aprox an inch or two past the bend to where the exhaust is under the car.

turbowop

Mine is right at the firewall, mounted vertically. That's farther back than yours and mine works great, so you should be fine. Also, the ECMlink guys say they do fine in the stock location as well, which goes against what many say about sensor longevity. But they say they have no issues with them there for years.

James

The results are just to varied with the stock location. I'd rather not risk it. I'd rather put it back like yours actually, but I wasn't sure how far was to far.

turbowop

Having it as far back as mine works great. Just make sure the down pipe to o2 housing gasket is good. The only thing I don't like about having it so far back is narrowband simulation reaction time is too slow. That can be adjusted via ECMlink but i just threw a stock narrowband back in the car for now which works much better, IMO. I'll change that later if I need the extra ecu input for ECMlink.

Last edited:

James

I don't have link, I planned on just leaving the stock o2 in the car.

turbowop

Even before I had ECMlink I simulated the NB output via the PLX box. But I have the M300 so maybe you don't have that option. Either way, I prefer the stock NB.

James

Yea it just seems like extra work to take out the NB, then I have to find a way to plug it. If its doing it job I might as well let it.

I didn't get the bung with the sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I went out to the shed and found a newer Harley exhaust pipe I hoarded from some scrap. It happens to have a o2 bung in it. So I'll cut it out and weld it on my exhaust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

496of2000

With the 300 it has two outputs and one wide 1 narrow. I did it when I had my vr-4. The wideband sensor fits in the stock o2 sensor location. Disconnect the OE o2 sensor. Connect the narrow band output of the PLX into o2 input, its located near the passenger foot well.
I ran the wideband into pin 15 on the ecu for logging using the DSM logger.

Last edited:

James

I would love to do that but like we mentioned, I think it's way to hot up there at the OE o2 sensor location.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned