The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Please Help!!!

talon

I need some help.

I am trying to install my motor in the Galant, and I'm having some real trouble.

When I bought the car it didnt come with any brackets or anything. I am using a set of prothane motor mounts from a 1g, with 1g brackets. I CANNOT get the side motor mount to line up (the one by the timing belt).

If there an issue with using motor mounts from a T.E.L?

ktmrider

Quoting solidviper89:
one of the motor mounts is galant specific im not sure which one but I think its the one in front.

Yes the front one ( radiator ) is different on the GVR4 vs TEL.
You need the one stamped 344 IIRC but a quick search will confirm.

Last edited:

1990ggsxnj

You DO plan on reclocking the compressor outlet, right? lol
Nice pics! Wish I had access to a lift and hoist. What plans do you have for the car?

talon

Well.....I cant clock the compressor housing. The housing is too wide, even with my water pipe already flat in that area.

talon

I actually had the correct bracket for the front motor mount. I changed this bracket, and had the motor in, in less than 15 minutes!

I compaired the two brackets, and there is a HUDGE difference!

willyp20

Quoting talon:
Well.....I cant clock the compressor housing. The housing is too wide, even with my water pipe already flat in that area.

What turbo are you running?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned