The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pictures Of the New Paint Job on #550/2000

bobdole

Looks great. I remember when I got my first vr4 painted. Great feeling it was. Keep up the good work.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting GSX_TC:
yeah i need to get those adjustable ones for the rear from tunersnation

O'reilly's can order those as well. made by the same company that make the front camber bolts SPC.

Liking the paint job, car is looking good.

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the nice compliments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Car looks real good man.

I do agree that you should paint the door handles atleast the same color of the window trim.

Great looking ride! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GSX_TC

Thanks man, just wish I could of put the JDM headlight and corners on for MOD

IncorpoRatedX

great looking car, fix the muffler!

fuel

paint job looks good, but you really gotta fix that ricer muffler!

also, a 'JDM' hood is exactly the same as what you have on your car already... not every single JDM VR-4 has vents, only the Evolutions.

GSX_TC

How is the muffler ricer? It's a 3" turbo mufflerade by 5zigen. I love that exhaust.

GSX_TC

Oh the angle? Is that really what it is? Lol I thought it was the actual muffler they disliked. Because I love my 5zigen. I didn't know that ones placement of the muffler could to interpreted as ricer, that's crazy.

KiNgMaRtY

I think they mean its the flow of the muffler, just doesn't go with the lines of the car. Pops out too much.

turbowop

That muffler hangs down so low below the bumper it's ridiculous.

I don't have a lot of pics that show it, but I don't think mine hangs down at all or is visible from the side...

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting GSX_TC:
Oh the angle? Is that really what it is? Lol I thought it was the actual muffler they disliked. Because I love my 5zigen. I didn't know that ones placement of the muffler could to interpreted as ricer, that's crazy.

yes the angle, it completely kills an otherwise beautiful VR4 specimen.

GSX_TC

But the way the bumper is designed the muffler wouldn't look right if it were just straight. Because the bottom of the bumper is at a slant. So it wouldn't fit correctly.

IncorpoRatedX

Stock muffler and most properly modified vr4's are straight shot.

for instance:

100_0084.jpg

click

kartorium

It is a little harder to tuck it up with a canister style setup, but it does look a lot better if you tuck it up as high as possible. Still somewhat obnoxious, but less so than some super angled hanging down can.

Your new paint does look pretty sick though, nice work.

N1 example

Last edited:

fuel

Quoting GSX_TC:
How is the muffler ricer? It's a 3" turbo mufflerade by 5zigen. I love that exhaust.

it's the placement of it! it should be behind the bumper not under it and fully exposed! I guess with the park bench USDM bumpers you do have alot of shelter to put it under.

GSX_TC

I don't like how the exhaust looks on that black 91, looks ugly. But I do like the look on that 92 with the N1, maybe I'll try to have it remounted like that later on down the road. Thanks for the advice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned