The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Phantom knock or real problems???

manikbastrd

Hey Guys, Gals and Gurus...
I posted this on ECM link forums as well but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here.

So I just got my brand new E316G on, FP manifold and 3" mandrel bent exhaust on my car. I also installed a new Knock sensor to try and help iron everything out. I am running Wally 255, and an A-1000 set at 37 psi for my BFP. I am still on stock injectors. My Wideband is reading fine and I have an AEM wired in so that I can log it as well. It is not perfect but it is within .1-.3 of my true AFR as my gauge displays it.

I have done some MAF comp cruises and got the idle sitting nicely and the airflow per rev and Maf comp seem to be about right. I am doing a lot of pulls trying to figure out what is going on, whether I am getting Phantom knock or what, but I can do a clean 3rd gear pull no problem, but I am getting a bunch of knock in 2nd and 1st. Some of it is part throttle knock some of it is WOT.

I am checking for boost leaks now, and have an extra set of 7ES's I am thinking about swapping in.

I don't know how to post a log to .org, or I would have done so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned