The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

performance parts

Hi guys im new on here, was wondering if I can get an idea of some good performance parts I should get for my Galant. its 1990 vr4 of that that helps . would rather not spend a lot just after small things

tektic

Well. What do you want to perform? Check RRE website for upgrade path. web link

Its a little outdated, but still a good aim.

prove_it

Start with maintenance. Get the car up to snuff with new ball joints, tie rods, fluids, brakes etc.

Then go to an ecm tune with some more boost, 2.5in exhaust with a 14b turbo. Get an intake. That will open it up quite a bit.

mitsuturbo

REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT
REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT
REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT

If you don't know firsthand that BOTH timing belts have been replaced recently, and done right, make damn sure you do it yourself if you have the means.

Check all your fluids. Replacement of all is recommended. Pay particular attention to the transfer case. Make sure it's not leaking and is full.

Perform other basic necessities as was stated previously. Make sure your plug wires are good (new NGK wires are always good) and replace the plugs with some new NGK BPR6ES or similar.

Pull the ECU and inspect the capacitors in the center of the board.

Intake from filter to turbo on our cars is AWFUL. I'd recommend getting a small or relocated battery setup first and opening up that intake (with a proper tube and filter of course). Then go for a better exhaust.

Get a boost gauge. This is not optional if you intend to mod your vehicle.

Then get a 255 or better yet a 340lph fuel pump and AFPR.
Get a decent boost controller, set to 15psi.
I'd recommend also getting a wideband O2 sensor setup as soon as you feel it's affordable. Maybe even before the Exhaust.
I wish i had made this one of my first mods. It would have prevented me breaking things when i was a n00b.

fuel

^^ he is in Australia so he may very well have a JDM VR-4, in which case has a much larger intercooler than the USDM models. If he has an AUDM model however, then yes the factory intercooler needs to be upgraded and binned ASAP.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned