The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Parts Compatibility

I've searched and read and can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I apologize if this has been covered a million times and I'm just missing it:

What parts are compatible with the Galant VR4? I've owned several DSM's before and recently picked up my first GVR4. I'm very familiar with the power plant - tuning, parts availability, informational resources, etc., but what about the rest of the car like suspension, drivetrain, electronics, etc?? Will most other parts from the standard Galant work? Perhaps the 1G? I went to NAPA for some ball joints and they don't list the Galant with a 2.0L turbo charged engine. I bought the ball joints anyway and they happened to fit. Has anyone compiled all this info in one place, or perhaps links to places?

Presently I'm looking for suspension info. I've found this: click, so clearly they aren't entirely identical, but are there any stock parts off another car that are? Will the 1G struts at least bolt into place and function ok?

What about transmission? The GVR4 that I bought has a Shep Trans which I'd kinda like to swap to my 1G and make the Galant my DD, but until I pull it, I'm not sure if it's identical (I'm familiar with the 22/ 23 spine issue on 1G's).

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!!

citymunky

90% of 1g you care about stuff will work on a GVR4.

1g AWD suspension (front and rear). 1G tophat's differ from the GVR4. The 1g stock suspension is a bit shorter that GVR4's
1g Drivetrain parts will work on a GVR4 besides the driveshaft. All the GVR4's I owned were 23 spline
1g sensors will work on a GVR4 but the wire harnesses are not 100% the same.

FYI the 1g with got is Suspension, Engine, drivetrain from the 6th gen Galant's.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned