The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Recommondation for ball joints/end links?

stealthtt24

Picked up some TRW tie rods from Advance with a nice discount. Now I've taken off the sway bar end links and they are trashed. I might as well do the ball joints while I'm down there. Rock Auto has Moog, Raybestos, and Beck/Arnley for end links, or I could do OEM which are $50 a pop. What do you recommend for end links?

Same goes for ball joints. They have pretty much the same brands, and OEM's are $42 a pop each. I'd be looking at $180 for OEM end links and ball joints. I don't MIND spending the cash but if its going to be a lil cheaper for the same thing for the most part, I'd rather. Whats your opinion? Did a search and didn't get a whole lot...

Just fyi... I did 2 sets of endlinks/ball joints all Ray Bestos at Rockauto with shipping was $102.57 with discount. Rchillmitsu $228.38 with shipping. So at my local dealer I could probably get them picked up for $200... so is OEM worth the extra $100 I guess is what im asking?

Last edited:

Romanova

I just used four Moog ball joints for the rear. Got them from Amazon $21 with free shipping if you order two or more. Seem pretty nice, install was smooth and they have a zerg fitting so you can grease 'em. Made in USA too.

stealthtt24

I couldn't find those ball joints, plus I kinda wanted to order them from same place. Was thinking from rock auto. Anyone got any other advice on brands?

stealthtt24

Ok, anyone? Get paid tomorrow and would like to order the stuff by Saturday so its here on time for my long weekend off. I am leaning toward trying MOOG parts...

Diego

Ok ill chime in...

Just bought these off GWs site... click

There cheap, there brand new, brand name. And you get 2 color choices...

Last edited:

RayH

If you don't mind spending a little more, you can buy re-manufactured arms which come with new ball joints and bushings already installed.

14u2nV

I got mine at advance and had no problem putting it in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

gtluke

Just put new arms in. I think both my arms with ball joints and bushings were like $130

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Moog or Beck/Arnley is fine. I used Moog on my car.

stealthtt24

Thanks guys for the input. Someone has some for $25 so I'm gonna get those. Just gotta pick up end links now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned