The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Painted grille for my vr4

veganbutcher

Not sure where this belongs but I'm new so this goes here.

Thought I would share this with you guys if you were looking for design ideas. I went to the junkyard and snagged the grille from a regular old 91 galant and gave it a new paintjob.

SouthCaliVR4

Or you can get one from a 92 & paint just the inserts black & the surround body color. unless you got all the "chrome" off 91 grill the paint will come back off quick.

DR1665

Welcome to the board, mate. Thanks for sharing the subtle, simple project. Sometimes, it's the little projects that we find most rewarding.

Looks great. I did this with a couple grilles. I had a shitty, chrome one which was missing most of the chrome. Hit it with flat black. The paint only began flaking off when I used the grille (and, indeed, the entire front of the car) to bend a Kia in half at the B-pillar. Fortunately, the replacement grille was white plastic, which I simply re-sprayed flat black. A fun little project.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned