The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Paint opinions

Epifool

Im working on 1848, getting ready to part 1025, and when im done with swappin parts, fabbing some hood vents and i have a driveable car again, and get a lil scratch saved back, im gonna repaint 1848. I was wondering about the other members' opinions on changing the color- all comments welcome. Oh, and im thinkin bout some sorta blue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

unistylef

Ive been contemplating paint colors for a long time now. I decided to stick with something in the same hue range as the oem color. My car is BG, but I think British Racing Green would look good. Anyone do that yet?

boostedinaz

Color is a personal choice and with out seeing what color you want I can't give my opinion.

As far as repainting goes please do it right. I have seen more than a few cars with a "color change" and they were not done right and of course looked like crap. Doing it correct means pulling apart the whole interior, engine, taking the doors apart, hopefully taking all the glass out, etc.. It's not easy nor cheap but it is the ONLY way to do a color change correctly.

You could go another route and just have it resprayed the same color. Again the devil is in the details the more stuff you can take out, remove, and paint individually the better it will look. There is a car on this board that has been resprayed and get's whored out like it's the nicest Galant you've ever seen. I can tell it wasn't a great job but because it's shiny people get all excited. Don't be that guy.

You have to ask yourself if you are proud of your car and want a truly nice vehicle. If you do then take the time and money to do it correctly.

rdomeck

I run a business were I have a full paint shop that we do some restoration work. To do one correctly with all the disassembly and reassembly you will spend north of $7k with out much body work. It takes a lot of time to do one correctly. As a reference, a good paint job of the same color would start around $3500 with out much body work.

I know there are some guys on here that have only paid around $2k and are happy with the results, but in order for a company to stay in business and pay there employee's a decent wage it take some money to do them correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned