The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil light flashes while driving

Ok, Tired of searching and not getting anywhere plus I'm running short on time...My Oil light flickers on and off sometimes while driving. I found a wire disconnected from the red circle. Which cable gets connect back to the red circle?

Green is hack and a mess. Thanks to previous owners.
Yellow seems like it should be on a dummy light sensor but I do not see any sensor.

91578596470be05de8a1ed41f1351e7fd868f7b.jpg

odd pic, i think that the oil pressure sending unit? its just a single wire with a slip clip. sorry do not know the color.

dumb question but have you checked your oil?

reminds me of a episode of home improvement when jill's car died and tim asked how long the oil light had been on. she said a while, but i figured if it was important it would flash or buzz or something...

Oil is full. That was the first thing I checked. I should have been more clear but my time was short like I said. the green circled wire comes from the plug at the alternator and the yellow circled I cannot tell. Car drives fine still but once i get going and stay at a speed the light flashes. All happened after having to park in a field where tall brush was and a wire disconnected from the oil pressure unit. But there is no other wires besides there two and neither look like they go there. Not currently driving it either.

It may have ripped it off.. look for one with possibly a clean break on it. ill go look later when i get home on what color the wire is and take a snap for ya.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned