The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM intake manifold with no vacuum line

mikus

I have a stock (ECI MULTI) intake manifold that doesn't have the vacuum line circled in green.

I never noticed this on my other vr4s. What cars did my intake vs. the ones with that line come from? Does anyone in chicagoland have one with that line lying around by chance?

Barnes

Is the boss there, but it isn't tapped? I'd guess it is from an N/A car. Also, you don't need that specific port for the BOV. You can tap off from the line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator, or the correct port on the throttle body (I don't remember which one). That would be a LOT easier than swapping manifolds.

vtecds1

I might...I`ll check in a little bit an pm you if I do.

mikus

I'm pretty iffy about tapping the BOV into FPR, or brake booster for that matter. Plus I'll need another line for MAP sensor soon, so sources are at a premium.

For how cheap the 1G IMs go for I'll likely scoop one up, easy enough to change. Plus then I can dress it up a little, shave the face maybe. What can I say, I'm vain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

mikus

Picking up an IM this weekend with that line... thinking back, I don't think my bone-stock 1991 #39 had this line either, I never would have vented the PCV if it did.

Do you guys all have the vacuum line in question?

mikus

anybody else? C'mon go take a peek, I swear this wasn't there on my first (for sure stock) vr4, prove me wrong.

It's the forward facing vacuum line above the PCV vertical line, below the right side of "ECI MULTI", left and parallel to the FPR line.

Diego

Have it on mine. i used it as a STOCK source for my Boost Controller

Take it from me who has many NT 4g63 cars.. its a NON turbo intake manifold.. i started shaving one the other day and realized it was NT and scraped it because of that missing vac port.

vtecds1

Sorry, I just got a chance to look this morning. I do have the port and have one right next to the brake booster.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned