The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

O2 sensor brand...

citymunky

ngk

citymunky

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
You mean NTK right? NGK makes plugs and NTK makes oxygen sensors correct?

Yes.

JNR

This is hearsay as I haven't had any issues with mine, but from I've heard, bosch is a hit and miss, so I'd go with an NTK or Denso, etc. instead. Only reason I went with bosch is I got it at cost + they had a rebate, so couldn't pass it up (needed an O2); it seems to work fine, but just a heads up about the word on the internet about that brand.

turbowop

In 503 I run a Bosch. In 1051, I run a Bosch narrowband and a Bosch wideband via PLX. All three work great. I was using the WB in 1051 simulated as a narrowband as well, but went back to a real narrowband as I feel they're better during closed loop operation.

JNR

^^^That's good to know about bosch; it's so hard to go off what people say on the internet anymore, but just had heard it more than a few times and not just their O2 sensors (as far as being hit and miss), but who knows. As long as mine keeps working, not going to go out of my way to change it over. (although do need to get me a wideband for tuning; have the bung, but it's plugged off for now).

SouthCaliVR4

Where the bosch units seem to fall short is in obd2 cars with self circuit tests. the resistance values are sometimes off & lead to coding. this is if no concern to us. so yup bosh will also work just fine.

I do recommend staying away from any of the universal wire-em to your plug types though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned